Family travel is always an exciting journey but brings along great responsibility as well. Right from deciding on the destination to executing the vacation smartly, it is a job of responsibility. You just can’t choose any random destination for a vacation with your family. There are certain grounds you need to pay attention to and thus, choosing a family-friendly destination is always helpful. In India, you can find several destination ideal for family holiday. We have combined some most popular ones in the blog to help you have the best family vacation ever.
Kashmir is heaven on earth and planning a trip to heaven with your family is something worth an exploration. The amazing romantic, peaceful and picturesque Kashmir could be your best family trip ever. It preserves beauty round the year and tourists from across the world make a visit to the beautiful Kashmir at least once for the stories heard about its mesmerizing charm.
Special attractions and activities in Kashmir:
- Adventure activities mainly skiing in Gulmarg
- Houseboats and shikara rides in Srinagar
- Baisaran valley’s scenic beauty in Pahalgam
If you and your siblings want to try skiing, head on to Gulmarg with your parents and experience adventure at its best.
Best time to visit: April to June during summers and December to February in winters
Nainital is another amazing family vacation destination on a budget in India. It has been considered a wonderful holiday getaway since British rule in the country. When in Nainital, you will get lure by the natural beauty of the place. From the serene Naini Lake to the panoramic view of the Himalayas, everything feels so soothing and perfect for a family vacation. Do not forget to visit the popular wildlife attraction Jim Corbett National Park. It will be a three hours ride to the national park from Nainital.
Special attractions and activities in Nainital
- Jeep Safari in Jim Corbett National Park
- Panoramic view of the Himalayas
- Boating in Naini Lake
- Spotting tiger in Govind Bhallab Zoo
Best Time to Visit: June to November
The Golden Triangle
Puzzled what kind of name is ‘The Golden Triangle’ of a city in India? Well, it is a name given to a tour of three cities in India – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The reason for this grouping of places is their close geographical structure. Delhi, Jaipur and Agra are observed in a shape of crude triangle on the country’s map, thus the name ‘The Golden Triangle’.
Delhi, the capital city of India, has got some of the great monuments like Qutub Minar, India Gate and many more. When exploring Delhi, taste the variety of scrumptious food in the corners of the city. Agra is called the City of Love for the Taj Mahal. The place showcases the rich culture and heritage of the Mughals in the intricate architecture of the famous forts and Gardens all across the city. Coming to the third city, the Pink City Jaipur has a lot to offer the tourists. From the numerous forts, to the delicious Rajasthani Food, you will fall in love with the city. Just get the best flight deals to Delhi at Indian Eagle and have the pleasure of exploring the capital city of India.
Special Attractions and activities in Golden Triangle:
Sightseeing of monuments in Delhi
- Shopping in CP, Sarojini Market and Janpath in Delhi
- Elephant Ride in Amer Garh in Jaipur
- Alluring the Taj Mahal in Agra
- Shopping in Johri Bazar in Jaipur
Best time to visit: December to March
Hill Stations in South India
South India is full of beautiful hill stations and making a trip to the hilly areas with your family would be great fun indeed. We have collectively described about the hill stations in South India to help you decide which could be a good family vacation destination for you. South India is home to spectacular natural beauty getaways such as Ooty, Coorg, Arakku hills, Kodaikanal and Munnar. Each of them has distinct elements of beauty and thrill.
Special Attractions and activities
- Boating in the serene river and lakes
- Spectacular view of the waterfalls
- Sunrise and sunset view from mountain peaks
- Strolling down the tea gardens ad coffee plantations
- Coorg: Coorg is known for the popular Raja’s seat, wildlife sanctuaries, Abbey Falls, Bylakupee settlement, plantations and of course the climate.
Best time to visit: October to June
- Ooty: When planning Ooty, do not skip on the toy train journey from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Also visit Ooty Lake, deer park, botanical garden, Dottabeta peak and other spots.
Best time to visit: throughout the year
- Arakku Hills: Arakku hill is better known for its high peak views, platonic lakes, coffee plantations and sightseeing. Visit the tourist spot Paderu.
Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Munnar: Also known as “Natural spa of Kerala”, Munnar is a beautiful hill station in the south with tea planted hills, lakes and surrounded by some spectacular scenic beauty.
Best time to visit: September to April
- Kodaikanal: A hill station popular for its serene lakes, telescope house, Coaker’s walk, rose gardens and some other sightseeing spots.
Best time to visit: April to June or September to November
Though last on the list, Darjeeling is a hill station in India offering the most phenomenal view of the Himalayas. It is one of the best places to visit with parents providing travelers a chance to explore the beauty of nature and spend quality time with their loved ones. It is not just ideal for family trips but couples choose Darjeeling over any other hill station for the honeymoon.
Special attractions and activities in Darjeeling
- Toy train ride from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling
- Ghoom Monastery
- Rangit valley
- Strolling down the tea gardens
- Sunset from Tiger Hills
- Sightseeing – cable car, botanical garden and other attractions
Best time to visit: Throughout the year
So, where will you plan your family trip? Choose from these best family vacation spots and enjoy a great time with your loved ones to the fullest.