Coffee has been blamed for causing health problems that are proved wrong by recent studies. Coffee contains caffeine that has tremendous health benefits.
Health benefits of coffee:
- Effect of coffee on cardiovascular problems: Coffee improves blood circulation, reduces oxidative stress and blood pressure, hence lowering the demand on the heart. It prevents the heart from undue tension. Coffee also induces smooth muscle relaxation promoting vasodilation of the blood vessels. Researches have found that people who consume coffee daily have a lower risk of cerebrovascular accidents, and heart failure.
- Effect of coffee on the brain: Coffee is good for brain stimulation as it contains the psychoactive ingredient caffeine. Coffee inhibits the secretion of inhibitory neurotransmitters in the brain and increases the secretion of excitatory neurotransmitters. By doing so relieves depression and also reduces the chance of degenerative brain diseases. By increasing the rate of neuronal firing it boosts mental functions to a greater extent.
- Effect of coffee on muscles: Caffeine reduces the proportion of the fat as compared to the muscle in your body and helps you gain more lean mass and less fat. Coffee also helps your muscles to resist fatigue and soreness, and a cup of black coffee is enough to enhance the overall performance before moderate or vigorous physical activities.
- Effect of Coffee on reproductive health: Coffee intake can increase sperm motility and reduces oxidative stress in males, hence lowers the chances of infertility. Moreover, coffee also helps improve erectile dysfunction, which is a problem in men due to lack of blood flow to the penis. Erectile dysfunction is generally treated with generic Cialis soft tabs 20mg that you can buy in Australia and by visiting our website. But prevention is better than cure, caffeine regulates the circulation to the genitals and helps maintain a normal erection.
- Effect of coffee on diabetes: Diabetes occurs either due to lack of insulin or insulin binding resistance. Coffee improves insulin sensitivity in your body and thus it prevents and treats diabetes effectively.
Health hazards of Coffee:
Coffee is a healthy drink, but some of the reasons why it is blamed to be bad, are the side effects of consuming too much coffee. When you take coffee in excess you can have the following problems.
- Affective disorders: Caffeine has an excitatory effect, if taken in a moderate amount it resolves depression but if taken too much coffee, it can make you more anxious, it reduces the inhibitory hormones, and promotes the fight or flight system of your brain, thus giving you a hyper-mood also called as anxiety.
- Insomnia: Coffee causes alertness, so when you take coffee at the wrong time of the day, such as in the evening or right before sleeping, it may disturb your sleep cycle and gives you sleepless nights.
- Digestive problems: Caffeine has a laxative effect, it is good for increasing metabolism to relieve indigestion and constipation, but when taken without any need, it gives you diarrhea and gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Addiction: Coffee maybe your favorite beverage in the morning, and you may be the person who unknowingly takes coffee when wondering to find a solution. Coffee has health benefits, but it also gives dependence leading to addiction. But this effect only occurs if you take a large amount of coffee and have the habit of finding coffee a solution or escape.
- Urgency: Taking coffee or tea gives the feeling of urgency; you may urinate frequently after taking just a cup of coffee. However, this problem is more prevalent in the older population.
So just like everything else, coffee doesn’t harm your body in any way when taken in a moderate amount, but an excess can cause you problems.