Are you conflicted between SiteGround and BlueHost? We know that it is simply because you haven’t read any unbiased reviews that actually make sense based on merit. It is not an easy task to make the decision of choosing a hosting service. It can be a rather daunting experience since you know that the success or failure of your website completely depends on the kind of hosting service you choose.
Instead of going through the tedious process of trial and error, all you need to do is look at this comprehensive comparison we have created for you between the services of SiteGround and BlueHost and make your decision easily.
But first, a little information about each.
Rating 10/10 Full Review
Starting monthly prices for Shared Hosting:
SiteGround web hosting is the perfect choice for small businesses as well as WordPress blogs. It is not only cheap but it comes with 10GB worth of disk space. It is easy to set up and is intuitive. In its basic plan of $3.95, it offers features like free setup and transfer, 99.9% uptime, cPanel and SSH, free backups, free CloudFare CDN, free apps, 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- With its quick response time, SiteGround is one if the fastest web hosting plans that we have come across lately with its minimum response time of 0.41 seconds and maximum response time of 0.87 seconds.
- The signup process of this hosting service is quite easy.
- SiteGround comes equipped with a WordPress installer that is built-in. This saves you a lot of time and extra installation steps.
- The excellent customer support is always on stand-by to help you.
- Once you hit 10,000 visitors in a month, you will need to upgrade your subscription to a pricier one.
- The disk limitation which is at 10GB can prove to be problematic especially if you run your email inbox on the server.
Rating 9.8/10 Full Review
Starting monthly prices for Shared Hosting:
BlueHost was created for startups as well as small to mid-size businesses. It provides a good bandwidth, support and several options. It comes with features (in the basic $19.99 plan) such as 2GB RAM, supports 5 WordPress sites, free domain and IP addresses, 24/7 customer support, SiteLock CDN and Pro security, free SSL as well as a 30-day money back guarantee.
- BlueHost plans are created on VPS servers and provide the users with good speed that comes with integrated caching by W3.
- BlueHost offers the users with several advertising offers from well-known search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. This can prove to be a great help in kick-starting your business.
- It is considerably more expensive for people who are just using this web hosting service to blog.
Dedicated Hosting Comparison
With this hosting service you get Xeon E3 and E5 processors that come with a minimum of four CPU cores as well as eight Threads. You can choose one out of the three server plans offered by this web hosting service, Entry Server, Power Server, and Enterprise Server.
SiteGround offers users with unmatched support as well as security. It is constantly updating itself with new security and custom patches to ensure that the users get only the best of services from SiteGround web hosting. With an uptime of 99.9 percent, SiteGround has outdone itself in the eyes of all of its users, including ourselves.
- 5 free IPs
- CloudFare CDN
- Iptables Firewall
- MySQL 5 and PostgreeSQL
- Private DNS server setup
- WHM, cPanel and SSH access
- Uptime monitoring
- 24/7 customer support
BlueHost is built upon Opentack technology which runs on a maximum number of four cores on each server. BlueHost’s services are reliable as it offers users dedicated hosting options at a price that they can easily afford. As far as their dedicated hosting plans are concerned, we must commend them on the prices for sure. This web hosting service provides users with great hardware as well as an outstanding management console.
BlueHost is maintained and designed in-house and is built to be used only on the most advanced technology. In their most recent system update, all of the CPUs were moved to four cores. With 1TB of RAID storage as well as 4 to 16GBS of RAM, BlueHost is a shining choice for users. Every server of this hosting service can easily be upgraded with the help of a few clicks.
- 3 IPs per plan
- Modern technology
- In-House design
- RAID 1 mirrored storage
- 24/7 customer support
VPS Hosting Comparison
When it is a matter if VPS hosting, SiteGround does everything a little bit differently than the rest. Unlike other web hosting services that provide users with a virtually private serving network, SiteGround provides users seeking VPS hosting with a private cloud platform that is built by their own selves from scratch, according to their needs. It is a lot like VPS that comes with shell access but it is much more scalable for users. It contains thousands of containers and is much faster than other hosting services. Every single cloud server can be customized and ready to use in a manner of seconds.
SiteGround uses about 70 kernel patches to ensure the safety of the users and their cloud networks. SiteGround VPS hosting offers users with a unique server isolation system that protects them from falling victim to threats online. SiteGround is the first of its kind to develop this isolation system.
- Fully managed cloud hosting
- Ultra-fast performance
- 3 data centers
- Free CloudFare CDN
- Free daily backups
- SuperCacher and Git integration
- 1-click installs
In terms of VPS hosting plans, BlueHost is rather competitive with its prices in the market. You get premium support service along with amazing uptime when in comparison with other web hosting services in the industry. BlueHost’s VPS hosting is fast and reliable and offers you a choice between either two or four cores with 4 to 16GB worth of RAM. You can switch between the two as per your business needs.
The second biggest perk of BlueHost VPS hosting is its security. You get access to redundant storage as well as SiteLock protection so that your data remains safe at all times.
- Endorsed by WordPress
- 2-4 cores and 4-16 GB worth of RAM
- Seamless migration between plans
- SiteLock security
- Redundant storage
WordPress Hosting Comparison
SiteGround’s WordPress hosting is hassle-free. As a user, you get access to features like free templates and template installation, zero downtime and 99.99% uptime. The servers continually monitor themselves to ensure that no threat makes its way to you. Features such as the ticketing system that allow users to submit their requests based on problems that they face are answered within 10 minutes or less, this is what makes this service so good.
- Officially endorsed by WordPress
- Free WordPress blog transfer with 1-click
- Pre-installed Git
- 2 caching levels
- Free CDN
- Free setup wizard
- Automated updates
- 99.99% uptime
BlueHost’s WordPress hosting aimed for personal bloggers as well as newcomers. Compared to simple shared hosting, BlueHost’s WordPress packages offer users with just what they need. Although BlueHost’s WordPress hosting is not as customizable as their VPS hosting, it saves users the hassle of starting from scratch. With a simple design, integrated W3 caching, CDN, and SiteLock security, come with every package the users choose. There are automated data backups that take place daily saving users from the trouble of losing their hard work.
- Endorsed by WordPress
- VPS technology and CDN
- Managed WordPress pre-installation
- Automatic data backups
Website Up-time Comparison
Website up-time is yet another important factor to look for when you signup for any web hosting. Here is the comparison of Siteground and BlueHost:
SiteGround Uptime – WINNER
Latest test from March 2018 shows hosting uptime of 99.99%.
Latest test from March 2018 shows an uptime of 99.97%.
SiteGround Speed – WINNER
Following are the response times of speed tests of SiteGround run at Bitcatcha.
Following are the response times of speed tests of BlueHost run at Bitcatcha.
Customer Service and Support
The real problem is when you are using a web hosting service and you experience an issue you don’t yet understand. This is where it is absolutely imperative that you have a good customer support team on standby to answer any and all queries that you might have.
- Responded by customer support within 30 seconds
- Detailed support documents available for users
- Users can easily get refunds or cancel their accounts
- Free site migration for new users
- Tickets 24/7 – First Reply: 10 Minutes
- Live Chat 24/7 – Reply Time: Instantly
- Phone 24/7 – Reply Time: Instantly
- Comprehensive support documents available for users
- Ranked #2 in the WHS Web Hosting Survey of 2013
- Users can easily cancel or get refunds
- Responded by customer support within 2 minutes
- Tickets 24/7
- Live Chat 24/7 – Reply Time: 2 minutes
- Phone 24/7
While both web hosting service stand their ground in offering users with quality services, there are a few factors that compel us to rate one more than the other. SiteGround takes the lead from BlueHost in terms of features offered in packages as well as in customer support. As per our comparison, you can see that the response time we recorded of SiteGround was 30 seconds whereas the one by BlueHost was 2 minutes! It is always good to read unbiased reviews like ours before you make the final decision of choosing a web hosting service for your business.