You can advertise on Instagram to accelerate and increase your email list. However, you will have to follow a specific guideline for that to create the best IG ads and make your efforts more effective.
Instagram ads, typically, have a greater potential as compared to other traditional ads with its huge follower base of over one billion. For this reason, Instagram Ads today have become one of the most powerful, useful, and vital tools for all marketers and business owners who want to use this specific social media platform to build their email list.
- The Instagram ads provide the users with more options that help them to build a more effective strategy and implement it more easily to build their email list.
- These Instagram ads are Stories or posts that business owners pay for using it in their Instagram feeds.
- These posts look like just any ordinary Instagram posts but can be identified by the ‘sponsored’ label.
- These posts may also, come with a call-to-action button that will help the posts to drive more traffic to the websites, build their email list and result in more conversions.
Apart from that, Instagram ads may also have different other e-commerce features.
Now you may wonder how much it will cost you to use these Instagram ads for your business. Well, this is an aspect that depends on different factors, and hence it is not possible to come up with anyone specific figure. The different factors on which the cost of Instagram ads depend are:
- Its placements
- Targeting and
- Time of posting.
It will also depend on the Instagram ad type or format you choose to use for your email list building efforts. These types are:
- Stories ads
- Video ads
- Photo ads
- Carousel ads
- Explore ads
- Collection ads
- IGTV ads and
- Instagram Shopping ads.
You should choose a type of Instagram ad based on your business goals that are different for different businesses.
Suitability of ads for your business
While choosing your Instagram ad type, you should first find out the suitability of the Instagram ad for your specific business. Ideally, Instagram is used mostly by the younger generation, but if you want to target the older demographic, you will first have to know about the figures of Instagram usage. Research shows that:
- 55% of users belong to the age group of 18 to 29
- 28% range between 30 and 49 years
- Only 11% of users are within the age group of 50 to 64 and
- Only 4% of them are over 65 years.
Moreover, urban users make up 32% of all users, while 28% of them live in the suburbs, and 18% reside in the country. However, the gender gap is not massive on Instagram, though there are more female users than males.
The good news is that this platform is rapidly growing in popularity, and it is expected that more senior users will join the bandwagon. Therefore, you should not worry about the suitability factor of Instagram for using it to advertise your business and grow your email list.
Preparations to make
You will need to prepare your campaign before you start building your Instagram ads. You must use the Ads Manager though you will not need a dedicated Instagram account to run these Instagram ads. If you have, you can use a connected Instagram account by using the Business manager the settings of the page or use your Facebook Page. Other than that, you must:
- Create relevantly photos or videos to add in your ad and
- Align your ad objective with your marketing goal.
To ensure perfect placement of your Instagram ads, you must follow this process that includes:
- Opening Ads Manager
- Selecting Create
- Selecting the objective to support your ad placement and
- Selecting Continue.
Wrap it up by filling up all relevant and required details about your ad set in the placements section.
Process to get started
First, you will need to select your ad objective to start your campaign. There are several options you can choose from, such as:
- Conversion and
You should also choose the most suitable ad type according to your business niche. These ads are designed to serve different purposes, such as:
- Brand awareness
- Video views
- Lead generation
- App installs
- Catalog sales and more.
Be wise to choose your ad type and objective so that you get the highest ROI and ensure that your ad is not denied.
Making the process easier
There are three easy ways to create Instagram ads that will provide you with more email addresses to add to your list.
- Use the Instagram add and choose a relevant post to promote your ad and increase its visibility. You must study your profile to select such posts. Use Instagram Insights to create your promotion link by clicking on promotions data.
- Construct the call to action button to direct the users to visit your website, sign up for your emails, get direction to different addresses, view your profile, or call you up.
Finally, you should identify your target audience so that you can reach them quickly and make them your email subscribers. Your target audience may be in multiple locations, and therefore you should identify them based on factors like:
- Their age
- Their gender and
- Their interests.
Also, make sure that you determine a budget and set a duration for your ad campaign. This will enable you to know what and when you can expect the return from your Instagram ad and email marketing campaigns. Take help from experts or find proper tips and advice on these matters from sites and others.
Rules to follow
Lastly, you must follow the rules and best practices to use Instagram ads. These rules include:
- Including different ad formats
- Including closed captions in the videos
- Choosing the most suitable images and
- Utilizing segmented lists.
You must be most creative and focus more on the visuals to include to make your ads stand out and grab more attention of the followers to your ads and pursue them to sign up for your email list.